Saturday, January 29, 2005

Way to go, Apple!


Jobs with Mac Mini Posted by Hello

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf05/

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

Steve Jobs is THE KING. Nobody can deny that. For me, he represents the most charismatic figure in whole computer industry. A legend. Pioneer. Icon of innovation.

I like Apple products. They are simply cool. Pure beauty. Every time when there's a new fruit announced, I'm wondering, what do their designers eat - or were they born to produce perfection??? :-)

Some may say I'm over-reacting, but I can't help it. When I visit Apple store or see one of their babies, I get that itchy feeling that says "just grab this stuff and run away with it!". :-))

Recently, on MacWorld, Steve announced Mac Mini. As usually, I was impatient to watch video of his Keynote ... and when I saw Mac Mini, I couldn't believe it. It's just so ... well, it's tough to use this word for a computer, but anyway: it so sexy! :-)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little box will be the breaking point for people considering switching. After all, it has a "buyer-friendly price" - quite unusual for Apple (up until now). I'm going to buy one myself. It's going to be a great company to my ThinkPad T41! ;-)

What stayed in my memory the most is when Steve says, that "Mac Mini is BYODKM (Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard and Mouse)". -Yeah, man: just pull stuff out of your bugged windoze PC and plug them into your brand new shiny Mackie!

Ofcourse the story hit the news instantly (even before actual announcement, which lead to some lawsuit threats by Apple!), but there's other side of the story: it opened a discussion about small form factor PCs (SFF) as well. They can be very useful for certain types of businesses (such as bank branches).

I'll get to this subject in one of future posts ... but check out IBM ThinkCentre S50 SFF and USFF - it measures just 4 (tennis) balls x 4 balls! :-)

http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=2580519&storeId=1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Apple..I really do. I grew up using them in school. As a business plan though..hmmm. It seems the goal of a software producer should be to work well with as many platforms as possible..And the goal of any hardware producer to work well with all the different software out there.

Apple is always out there at crosspurposes making items that only work with Apple. Great product. loust business plan

1/29/2005 8:31 PM  
Blogger JBT said...

I partially agree with you, but last years we have this thing that's called compatibility: and Apple is compatible.

Guess your point is business use of Mac's? -In this case you're right. First, they're too expensive - compared to PCs and there is simply "too much" apps out there for PCs ...

For personal use - they're great. Still expensive, but easy to use, have everything one needs and (I HAVE TO write this again): beautiful! ;-)

I'll have one as a "second-car" thing - something for myself. Wouldn't change it for my ThinkPad anyway. :-)

Tnx for your comment!

1/31/2005 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home